Open Position: Club Manager
Fairlawn Swim and Tennis Club, located in Akron, Ohio is accepting applications for the Club Manager position for the 2017 summer season.
The club opens in mid-May and closes at the end of September. This is a private club and maintained by its members. It is governed by a Board composed of club members. Approximately 300 families are members.
The qualified applicant will perform a variety of duties in planning, scheduling, maintaining the seasonal operation of the club/pool, communication with the Pool Board and members, and above all, have enthusiasm for making the club a safe and fun place for its members.
The Club Manager has overall responsibility for safety at the pool, as well as managerial, administrative, facility, aquatic, communication, and leadership duties.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares club for opening and closing each season
- Oversee daily maintenance/chemical treatments of the pool, bathhouse/restrooms, including making recommendations for repairs and capital improvement expenditures
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities at the club
- Manages and oversees lifeguards, swim coaches, and instructors
- Purchases supplies needed for club operations (including pool chemicals)
- Processes time sheets and is in charge of staff scheduling
- Maintain staff rotations and staff breaks
- Enforce Club rules and regulations
- Manages and assigns job duties to grounds crew
- Deals effectively and courteously with members and the public
- Insure employees are properly trained in their duties
- Attend Board meetings and communicate with Board members
- Administer first aid
- Monitor the entry of individuals to ensure that only members and their guests are entering the property
- Performs other related duties as required
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Life guarding and swimming instruction
- Swimming pool administration
- Performance of life saving techniques
- Knowledge of emergency procedures, first aid and CPR
- Knowledge of pool chemistry
- Team leadership and management skills
- Supervisory, time management, communication, and decision making skills
- Ability to maintain control and handle emergency situations
The Club Manager is expected to lift, carry and manage equipment and supplies, and may be required to practice lifesaving techniques.
**COMPETITIVE SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
**REFERENCES AND BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED
Please send resumes and references to: FairlawnSwimTennis@gmail.com