Happy New Year from the FS&T Board!
We hope you and yours had a fantastic Holiday Season and are excited for summer to be here! We continued to add many new families in 2016, ending the year with 313 memberships. This was an increase of 12 new families. We would like to thank all the members that you have referred, helping us grow each year. For 2017, we have 30 memberships available, and we will continue the membership referral program we have had in the past. Each new member you refer will qualify you for a referral fee. Details regarding referrals can be found on our website at here. When membership levels become full, the referral program may be reduced or eliminated.
There will be a FS&T Open House Memorial Day Weekend (details to follow). Make sure to spread the word to prospective members! Any questions, contact Membership Chair Dave Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONGRATULATIONS to our newest Senior Members! This does not mean they are old; it means that these members have been paying members for 20 years!
Chris and Gigi Kostoff Jeff and Sandra Kornick W. Stuver Parry Ed Esber
Bob and Diane Heffern Dale and Laurie Fortune Vicki England Patton
Family Members: $731.24 ($685.00 plus sales tax) New Family Members1: $1,158.24
Single Members: $384.30 ($360.00 plus sales tax) New Single Members1: $811.30
Senior Members: $ 341.60 ($320.00 plus sales tax)
- Please note: New Members pay a joining fee of $800.00 which is spread out $400.00 per year over the first two years of membership.
As a board, we are always working to be prudent financial managers. In 2016, we were able to hold off on any membership increases. FS&T had some increases in materials and operational expenses and an unexpected repair expense. The increase of dues of $35 per membership will increase our revenue (and cash) by approximately $11,000 per year based on membership at the of the 2016 season. This small increase will help fund:
Increasing operating expenses:
- Payroll expenses have increased over 30% over the last 5 years due to increased hourly wages combined with increased staffing needed to manage the increased membership.
- Annual maintenance of Hartru tennis surfaces.
- Security service who visits the FS&T every night to secure the property and lock the gate after closing
Planned capital expenditures
- Refinishing rear tennis practice wall boards
- Replacement of railroad ties at the front of tennis courts and next to driveway adjacent to picnic area
- Repairing and repainting gazebos, guard shack and rear tennis hut
- New steel entry doors throughout facility
- Options for driveway overhaul/resurfacing
- Assessment of fencing along driveway
- New façade for building exterior walls
- Lighting update/repair underneath deck
- New sprinkler heads for tennis courts
- New chairs and grills, increasing the number on hand in addition to replacing old/broken ones
Dues can still be paid by credit card through PayPal. The Club has change the convenience fee to 3% of the total payment for any member who pays through PayPal. (It was previously $25 one time convenience fee per year.) This 3% convenience fee will automatically be added by PayPal when a transaction is processed through PayPal. Therefore, when submitting a payment through PayPal, please enter the payment due per your invoice. PayPal will calculate and add the 3% due to cover the processing charges. Being a non-profit entity, we need to be prudent with managing funds while expanding payment options to our members.
The Club will continue to offer a payment plan via PayPal. Members need to register with the Club’s accountant, Kelley Brubaker (email@example.com) no later than February 15, 2017. Payments must start by this date for the program which will entail four equal monthly payments to cover 100% of dues over February, March, April, and May 2017. Monthly payments are required to be processed through PayPal which will incur a 3% convenience fee. Once setup, the payments will be automatically processed by PayPal on the 15th of each month for 4 months.
EARLY PAYMENT DRAWING
FS&T will again have an early payment drawing for 2017. The incentive drawing will be held on Memorial Day Weekend. As in years past, there will be a drawing for $250.00 or newly added this year is the option to have a designated parking spot for the 2017 season for members who meet these qualifications:
- For all members (including new members) paid in full by March 15 via PayPal or Check. All checks must be postmarked no later than 3/15/2017.
- For all members (including new members) enrolled in the payment plan via PayPal with payments starting by 2/15/2017.
We are currently interviewing candidates for Club Manager. We are very happy to say that Assistant Manager- John Nauer and Head Tennis Pro-Alan Walker, will all be returning to the Club for 2017 Season.
2016 SEASON RECAP
In 2016 we made over $17,000 capital improvements that include;
- Pool covers for both pools
- Pool filters
- Replaced worn deck chairs and lounges with new ones ordered for 2017
- Pool vacuum
- New tennis nets and windscreens
- Pool deck repaired and resealed
- Well pump (Club remained open during this repair)
The loan that funded the 2012 capital improvements was paid in full in December 2016!
Thank you for your continued support of FS&T. We look forward to seeing you at our Open House on Memorial Day weekend!
2017 FS&T Board
|Ray Wayt, President||Mike Bussan, Grounds Chair|
|Matt Askea, Vice President||Dave Carlson, Membership Chair|
|Eric Agosti, Treasurer||Sandy Maxson, Special Events Chair|
|Sieglinde O’Neil, Secretary||Kristen Birkbeck, Communications Chair|
|Heather Kirschbaum, Swim Team/Synchro Chair|
Dear Fairlawn Swim and Tennis Members,
Just a friendly reminder that our annual meeting is scheduled on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 6:30 pm at the Northwest Ayers Library.
We highly recommend that you attend this meeting as we have several important things to discuss. We are proposing some changes to the bylaws that must be approved.
We are also proposing a nominal dues increase of $35.00 for the coming year. We have just completed our third year without an assessment and our sixth year without a dues increase. We would like to share our rational and reasons why this increase makes sense to the health of our Club. You are welcome to join the discussion so that we may all have a hand in this important decision.
Additionally, there are four Board positions available and your support is crucial. Please consider running for a position. If you would like any information about duties and responsibilities, please contact one of the current members. If you plan to run, please let us know so that we may have your name on the ballot.
We look forward to seeing you on the October 26th.
Fairlawn Swim and Tennis Board
We welcome your guests for your personal parties! Guests are billed in accordance with our guest fee policy.
For purposes of staffing lifeguards, all parties must be approved by the Club Manager in advance.
We welcome comments, questions and concerns about the Club.
If you have an issue while at the Club, please notify the Club Manager or a lifeguard for immediate assistance.
Comments and concerns can be provided in person to the Club Manager or by e-mail to FairlawnSwimTennis@gmail.com.
Also, Board Members can be contacted directly. Contact info for our Board Members can be found here.
E-mail is used as the primary way to deliver invoices and communications about upcoming events to save the cost and time to mail.
Want to know what contact info we have on file for you? The last invoice we sent you shows your mailing address, e-mail, phone, and members of your household included on your membership.
If your info has changed or if you would like to add another member of your household on the distribution list for future e-mails, please let us know!
Send an e-mail to FairlawnSwimTennis@gmail.com with any additions or changes.
Membership is automatically renewed annually. Invoices are sent in January for the upcoming season.
Per the Club By-Laws, invoice are to be paid in full by May 1st. An exception is granted for those who have enrolled in the installment payment plan which has payments due 2/15, 3/15, 4/15 & 5/15. We do not charge late fees or penalties for late payments, but members are not permitted to use the Club until their invoice is paid in full.
So, why are invoices sent so early in the year? Great question!
- Although we don’t officially open each year until Memorial Day weekend, the Club typically does improvements in March, April and May, weather permitting.
- Expenses are incurred in April and May to prepare the tennis courts, pools, and grounds for the upcoming season. Our Club Managers and Grounds Crew perform as much of the work as possible, but sometimes vendors are required to be used who require payment upon completion of their work.
- Any member wishing to enroll in the installment payment plan must make the initial payment by February 15th. Sending invoices in January is our way to remind members about the installment payment plan option.
The earlier invoices are paid in the year allows us to plan better for the upcoming season.