|Ray Wayt||President||rkwayt [at] gmail.com|
|Matt Askea||Vice President / Tennis Chair||askeas [at] sbcglobal.net|
|Eric Agosti||Treasurer||eagosti [at] sbcglobal.net|
|Sieglinde O’Neil||Secretary||soneil6819 [at] gmail.com|
|Dave Carlson||Membership Chair||thor333dtc [at] gmail.com|
|Michael Bussan||Grounds Chair||michael.bussan [at] gmail.com|
|Heather Kirschbaum||Swim Team/Syncho Chair||bermudagirl9 [ at] gmail.com|
|Kristen Birkbeck||Social Communications Chair||kmb1727 [at] yahoo.com|
|Sandy Maxson||Special Events Chair||smaxson58 [at] yahoo.com|
FS&T Day-To-Day Contacts
|John Nauer||Assitant Manager|
|Alan Walker||Head Tennis Pro||fsandttennis [at] gmail.com|
|Kelley Brubaker, CPA||FS&T Accountant||club [at] FSandT.com|
Fairlawn Swim & Tennis Club is a non-profit corporation founded in 1955 by a group of six West Akron neighbors to provide a privately owned, family oriented recreational facility. The original facility consisted of the present “big” pool, a wading pool at the location of the current flagpole and 3 clay tennis courts on about 1.6 acres of land in Copley Township.
Over the years additional land was acquired and today our club resides on slightly more than three acres, which were annexed by the city of Akron. The original pools and courts cost approximately $100,000, including the land, all of which was financed through the purchase of 20-year debenture (3 1/2%) bonds by the charter members, all of which have been retired.
Our lap pool and present wading pool were built in the late 1970’s and then rebuilt in 1994. Our filtration system was upgraded in 1986 with additional heating capacity.
A blacktop court was added shortly after the club opened and then in 1974 the original clay courts were converted to “Har-Tru” and three additional “Har-Tru” courts were added.
The first club manager was Fred Ost who was a physical education teacher at Central High School and Fred remained as manager until the 1970’s.
Improvements are made on a continuing basis to upgrade our facilities to meet the desires of our members and maintain a safe, “state of the art”, recreational facility.